Your personal data is collected and processed by RESPONSUM BV, hereafter referred to as “RESPONSUM”.
RESPONSUM specializes in mitigating privacy and security risks. RESPONSUM supports and familiarizes your organization to be compliant with the applicable EU and national privacy and data protection legislation. This includes the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) amongst others. RESPONSUM has its headquarters at Excelsiorlaan 43, 1930 Zaventem, Belgium, registered with company number 0634.877.668.
Scope of the Privacy Statement
RESPONSUM values privacy and is therefore committed to protect the (personal) data of all its stakeholders with the greatest possible care, and to process personal data only in a fair and lawful manner. This Privacy Statement is applicable to our customers, partners and website visitors for the personal data collected and processed by RESPONSUM through this website and the related services.
This Privacy Statement contains essential information on how RESPONSUM, as the data controller, collects and processes personal data, for what purposes and explains your rights as a data subject.
Processing of Personal Data
Personal data can be defined as any information that allows a natural person to be identified, directly or indirectly. You can provide us with your personal data in the context of the following activities, for the corresponding purposes and based on the stated grounds:
- Contact form or correspondence: By completing the contact form on the website, you consent to RESPONSUM processing your name, country, phone number, email address, company and your question and subject. If you contact us directly (by e-mail, telephone or letter), we will process your contact details and the content of this correspondence. We only use this information to sufficiently handle your question or message.
- Request Your Demo: By scheduling an appointment for a demo on the website you consent to RESPONSUM processing your name, country, email address, phone number, company and appointment details. We process this information to confirm your appointment and execute your request.
- Partner Programs: We collect contact details of our current or future partners. By completing the Partner Programs form on the website, you consent to RESPONSUM processing your name, email address, phone number, role, question and company information. We process this information to enter into our agreements with companies interested in becoming a RESPONSUM partner and to manage our relationships or collaborations.
- Livechat: Through the Livechat on the website you have the possibility to contact one of our employees. By using the Livechat you consent to RESPONSUM processing your name and the conversation you have, including your questions.
- For sales and marketing purposes: RESPONSUM can use your name and contact details for direct marketing campaigns, to inform you on promotions with regard to the products and services RESPONSUM provides, and to contact potential future customers. We can also use the data to make targeted offers, e.g. via email, or to display an advertisement on our own website. We send these communications or place the advertisements, based on the legitimate interest of RESPONSUM, if we notice that you are interested in or benefit from our services or products.
- Survey / feedback: Based on the legitimate interest of RESPONSUM, we can use your contact details in order to assess, evaluate and improve the services offered to you. For this purpose, we could send out questionnaires or customer surveys, or ask you to fill out our Customer Feedback form.
- For the provision of our products & services: When you buy certain products or services from RESPONSUM, we collect your contact details and billing data. This is for the purpose of providing our services and managing our (customer) relationship and on the basis of your purchase agreement with RESPONSUM.
RESPONSUM considers your personal data as confidential and commits to process it only in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were initially collected.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
At all times, the data subject has the possibility to exercise his or her rights as described in the General Data Protection Regulation. The data subject can exercise the following rights:
- Right of access
You have the right at any time and free of charge to access your personal data and to request a copy of the personal data that RESPONSUM collects about you.
- Right to rectification
You always have the right to have incorrect personal data corrected, or incomplete personal data completed.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”)
You can request to have your personal data removed from RESPONSUM’s systems.
The request to erase your personal data cannot always be granted due to contractual or legal obligations. RESPONSUM will take these obligations into account when replying to your request.
- Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if the processing takes place on the ground of the legitimate interest of RESPONSUM or on the ground of the public interest. We will stop processing unless we can prove that there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or for the exercise of legal claims. You can also object in the case of direct marketing, so the personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent
For the processing of your personal data collected by RESPONSUM with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. However, the withdrawal of your consent does not apply to processing previously carried out by RESPONSUM.
- Right to restriction of processing
In certain cases, the data subject is entitled to obtain the restriction of the processing of his or her personal data. We will continue to store your data, but we will restrict its use. You can e.g. submit this request when you think that your personal data is inaccurate, or the processing by RESPONSUM is unjustified. We only have to grant these requests in specific cases as defined by law.
- Right to data portability
The data subject has the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, processed by RESPONSUM, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or to transmit those data to another controller.
These rights can be exercised free of charge by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We commit to answer your request within one month upon its receipt. It is possible that we request additional information first in order to confirm your identity and ensure the request originates from you.
- Right to lodge a complaint
If, at any time, you believe that RESPONSUM infringes your privacy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority: Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Disclosure to Third Parties
RESPONSUM will refrain from disclosing or selling personal data of data subjects to third parties as well as publicly disclosing data subjects’ personal data, unless in the following specific cases:
- Personal data can be shared between the different branches of RESPONSUM, in case this transfer is required for the provision of our products or services in line with the predetermined purpose.
- Personal data can be shared with third party service providers to which RESPONSUM outsourced certain processing activities. In any case, they are limited to processing your personal data in accordance with our instructions and if necessary, a data processing agreement will be concluded so they are obliged to comply with all obligations required by the applicable data protection legislation.
- If it is required by applicable laws or regulations.
Regarding international transfers of personal data and processing outside the European Economic Area (EEA), your data are only transferred to other RESPONSUM branches or parties in third countries, such as software providers and cloud or mailing services, when permitted under the applicable data protection legislation. We guarantee appropriate safeguards which ensure that your rights are also respected by the data recipient outside the EEA in accordance with an adequate level of data protection.
Retention of your Personal Data
RESPONSUM acknowledges the importance of the protection of personal data. We do not retain your personal data longer than strictly necessary for the realization of the purposes for which we received the data, or for the execution of a contract or for fulfilling a legal obligation. The retention periods differ with regards to the type of processing activity and the purpose for which the personal data were collected.
The personal data that we collect on the basis of your consent will be kept by us for as long as your consent remains valid.
We keep customer and partner information for as long as reasonably necessary to execute our agreements, to comply with our legal obligations (such as accounting and tax obligations) and to resolve disputes or enforce agreements. Therefore, this personal information is retained for the duration of our contractual relationship and for 10 years thereafter.
In all cases, personal data may be retained for a longer period if there is a legal or regulatory reason to do so, or for a shorter period if the data subject objects to the processing of his/her personal data and if there is no longer a legitimate reason to retain them.
We guarantee to only provide limited access to archived data and to remove or render anonymous your personal data if the retention period has passed.
Security and Confidentiality of your Personal Data
RESPONSUM has taken technical and organizational security measures to prevent the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal data to third parties and any other unauthorized processing of these data.
We have made every effort to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information systems and services that process personal data. These measures include physical and operational security measures, access control, awareness raising and confidentiality clauses. All our employees and third parties engaged by us are obliged to respect the privacy and security of your data.
If you have comments, questions or concerns about any of the information in this Statement, or any other issues relating to the processing of your personal data by RESPONSUM, please contact our Data Protection Single Point of Contact (“DP SPOC”) firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event you prefer to contact us by post, you can do so on the following address:
1930 Zaventem, Belgium.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may amend or update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes in our practices with respect to the processing of your personal data, or changes in applicable law. We will be doing this by posting the updated version on this RESPONSUM website. When we publish changes to our Privacy Statement, we will change the date and version number of the “last update” of our Privacy Statement. Significant changes will be reported on our homepage. Nevertheless, we encourage you to read our Privacy Statement periodically.